Brake Inspection, Repair, and Replacement
Brakes are one of the most critical components of your vehicle, safely bringing your vehicle to a stop. When you press on the brakes in your car, the system uses hydraulic pressure and friction to stop the rotation of the wheels. Whether your car operates on drum brakes or disc brakes in Milwaukie, it’s critical that all the components are in working order to ensure your ability to stop when you need to.
Wear and tear on your brakes is inevitable, and it’s important to pay attention to how the brakes feel when driving to avoid excessive depletion that can lead to expensive repairs, including rotor or drum or replacement. Some of the things that commonly affect the level of wear on your brakes include your driving habits, the conditions in which you drive, what kind of vehicle you drive, and the quality of the brakes.
When to Bring Your Car In
At Town Center Automotive, our expert technicians offer a free brake inspection to check for some of the most common problems with your brakes. In the meantime, you can be on the lookout for potential problems by checking for some common symptoms of brake failure:
- Metallic grinding sound when braking
- High-pitched squealing sound when traveling at slow speeds (a warning tab rubs against the rotor to alert you that the pad is down to the recommended wear level for replacement)
- Car pulling to one side during braking
- Brake pedal sinks all the way to the floor of the car when stopped
- Brake warning light is activated
- You have to continuously pump the brakes to stop
Whenever you notice symptoms of potential brake problems, it’s important to get your car into the best brakes Milwaukie shop for inspection and repair. At Town Center Automotive, we have the expertise to diagnose the problem and repair it so you can feel confident that your family will be safe out on the road. Our technicians will check your for free so we can catch problems before they turn into expensive repairs or major brake system overhauls.